Скачать 211.57 Kb.
Ex. 1. Use correct articles with nouns. Translate into Russian.
Ex. 2. Use correct articles. Translate into Russian.
Ex. 3. Use correct articles with names of substances. Translate into Russian.
Ex. 4. Use correct articles with abstract nouns. Translate into good Russian.
1. … truth is stranger than … fiction.
2. Our English teacher made sure that we were well grounded in … basic grammar.
3. Having pet alligators is … idiosyncrasy.
4. All our students receive … good grounding in … English grammar.
5. It is better to err on the side of … caution.
6. … collateral aim of … government’s industrial strategy is to increase … employment.
7. I have … horrible feeling we’re going to fail the exam.
8. He had half … mind to go and ask the Gaffer who the inquirer was. But he thought better (or worse) of it, and turned and walked quickly back.
9. They went in … single file along hedgerows and the borders of coppices, and … night fell dark about them.
10. It’s … dangerous business going out of your door.
11. … sudden unreasoning fear of discovery laid hold of Frodo.
12. You must keep your secret for … present, if you want to be mysterious.
13. ‘Well, Mr Frodo,’ Maggot went on, ‘I’m glad that you’ve had … sense to come back to Buckland.
14. … only thing to do is to go off in … quite unexpected direction.
15. As … matter of fact he came out on … right side in … end.
16. … concealment was no longer possible, and they could only hope that no enemy or spy was observing them.
17. It’s not easy when you’ve spent the rest of your life trying to do … opposite.
18. All we ever do nowadays is … talk.
19. … poetry is … art of uniting … pleasure with … truth.
20. If … parsimony could have made a man rich, Sir Pitt Crawley might have become very wealthy. (W. Thackeray)
21. … loyal wife is … one who sticks with her husband through all … troubles he wouldn’t have made if he hadn’t married her.
22. … truth is rarely pure, and never simple. (O. Wilde)
23. Speak … truth, then leave quickly. (Serb proverb)
24. … logic is the first thing you have to get rid of.
25. … responsibility for … continual prevalence of … ignorance lies not with the teacher but with those taught.
26. Australia faces … grey future.
27. … time slips through our fingers like water. We gape in … astonishment to see how little is left.
28. I get into … trouble and get out again.
29. Mr Brown was busy having … nervous breakdown.
30. She is … zero, but terrific looking.
31. Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for … reason.
32. In ... interior darkness he seems a suit of clothes hung from the broad knob of his face.
33. … willing contemplation of … vice is … vice. (Arabic proverb)
34. There is no fire like … passion, there is no shark like … hatred, there is no snare like … folly, there is no torrent like … greed. (Buddha)
35. Enjoy … silence!
36. Sometimes I think the surest sign that … intelligent life exists elsewhere in … universe is that none of it has tried to contact us. (Bill Watterson)
37. … shortest distance between … two truths is … lie.
38. … smile that you send out returns to you. (Indian proverb)
39. … language is not neutral. It is merely … vehicle which carries ideas. It is itself … shaper of ideas. (Dale Spender)
40. … sounds were … voices and … voices were … words and … words were thoughts.
Ex. 5. Use correct articles with abstract nouns. Translate into good Russian.
1. We found it hard to choose a carpet: they were all much of … muchness.
2. … tact is … ability to describe others as they see each themselves. (A. Lincoln)
3. … time does not seem to pass here: it just is. A remarkable place altogether.
4. … human mind is more … universe than … universe itself.
5. … procrastination is … art of keeping up with yesterday.
6. …simplicity doesn’t mean to live in … misery and … poverty. You have what you need, and you don’t want to have what you don’t need. (Charan Singh, mystic)
7. That is to say, the publishers offer … reader a stream of undoctored records that speak … volumes both of … subconscious and the writing method of the great writer of … absurd.
8. If you put your hand on … working car engine, you will feel vibrations of … 1Hz to 100Hz frequency.
9. … social problems in … modern society are mounting.
10. There’s going to be … constant speculation about the date of the election.
11. The whole policy has proved … failure and should be abandoned.
12. I feel … pity rather than … anger to these people.
13. I think that’s … great pity after all she’s done.
14. This is the most exciting period in … human history.
15. It’s … common knowledge among politicians that an election will be called soon.
16. I gave her some chocolate as … small thank you.
17. I write with … beautiful simplicity of … style.
18. I’m looking for … trouble in any shape or form.
19. If you play with dangerous chemicals like that you’re just asking for … trouble.
20. We must thank you for taking … trouble to cook.
21. ... trouble with me is that I didn’t learn grammar.
22. She leads … trouble-free existence
23. The lesson was going at … very slow pace.
24. Venice has … timeless beauty.
25. I have been learning … grammar non-stop for 18 hours.
26. … excessive study can rapidly reduce … mental powers too.
27. The speech was … embarrassment to listen to.
28. Getting enough sleep makes … difference in how one feels and looks.
29. The hypothesis is only … crude approximation to … reality.
30. What … atrocious dinner!
31. Flies and stinging insects were giving us … bad time.
32. A thing of beauty is … joy forever. (Keats)
33. When another person departs from the truth, it is … lie; when we do, it is … imagination.
34. … common sense is not so common. (Voltaire)
35. It is these things that cause me concern: … failure to cultivate virtue, … failure to go more deeply into what I have learned, … inability, when I am told what is right, to move to where it is, and … inability to reform myself when I have defects. (Confucius)
36. To be fond of something is better than merely to know it, and to find … joy in it is better than merely to be fond of it. (Confucius)
37. When I have pointed out one corner of a square to anyone and he does not come back with … other three, I will not point it out to him … second time.
38. Philosophers before Kant had … tremendous advantage over philosophers after Kant in that they didn’t have to waste years studying Kant. (Bertrand Russel)
39. People should work for … benefit of … society.
40. … healthy society can tolerate a lot of criticism.
Ex. 6. Use correct articles with abstract nouns. Translate into good Russian.
Исход «Ветхий Завет»] 4: 10. In Koran, 20: 26-29 Moses said "Lord, open my breast, and ease for me my task, Unloose the knot upon...
Вопрос – чем заливать свой «бензобак»? Это вопрос мы разберём научно и без цензуры. Во ведении мы рассмотрим некоторые весьма неожиданные...
При вводе команды man на экран выводится текст описание заданной команды. Вы можете перемещаться по этому описанию вверх-вниз, используя...
Автомобили нового поколения man trucknology® Generation, полной массой от 18т более были отмечены премией "Грузовик года 2001" за...
Задание 1: Read the poem several times and learn the first two paragraphs by heart
М у обучения и опыта работы в штате Флорида и С. Korea is a good match for your students. Корея является хорошо подходит для ваших...
Отвержденная композиция Task 18 может быть также отполирована, повергнута машинной обработке, сверлению, окрашиванию и пр